Country-wide homeowners have been catching on a new form of remodeling called concrete decoration. There are no more days, when there are only plain concrete ideas. In the form of stamped concrete, decorative overlay, spray deck, Euro tile, and epoxy coatings, decorative concrete comes. Going with this type of concrete provides a plethora of stunning designs for the homeowner. No matter what type of home you have or even its size, decorative concrete works just about anywhere. It’s up to you and your contractor to choose the correct type.decorative concrete raleigh nc has some nice tips on this.
Here is a list of the Concrete Decorative Ideas:
- Stamped Concrete: The main feature of this type of concrete is that it looks like impressed concrete and is extremely durable. Homeowners are particularly attracted to this type of concrete because it can help reproduce whatever look they attempt to attain. The concrete, mortar, flagstone, slate, cobblestone, and many other designs are reminders of that. Because it is capable of looking like other building materials, it makes the cost less costly than the original. It can be used in many common locations like the driveway, patio, pool deck, walkway, and entrance. Who separates this from other concretes? It has a three-step process involving applying a base color, an accent color and then stamping a template directly into the concrete. In the end a homeowner with stamped concrete can’t go wrong.
- Decorative overlay: The main feature of this type of concrete is that it helps give a facelift to your old concrete and new, fresh look or, as some would call it. Some old concrete areas might also include surface marks and/or splits. The asphalt had to be withdrawn in previous years, and replaced with new material. As decorative overlay has been applied, one can now cover up the bad areas and have that new look. To builders, this is a very popular asphalt, as they use it on their driveways, patios, pool decks, walkways, thresholds and sidewalks. However, many homeowners not only use this form of concrete outside but also in their houses. A super advantage of using decorative overlay is the endless supply of designs and colors to go with. Once your concrete has been installed it will adhere well to the cracks and reduce UV exposure. People love this, since walking on is cool; a benefit particularly at the pool area. So as you can see, these days decorative overlay provides the homeowner with a lot of options to remodel.
- Euro Tile: This type of concrete is an acrylic product that can be used with plasticity and can be used in any interior or exterior environment. It is extremely durable and tough; therefore it is a significant option for patios, pool areas and driveways.
- Spray Deck: This sort of concrete is a master when it comes to covering aged concrete. It’s capable of adding a rich textured surface to your concrete. Because it is non-skid, many people like this provide a cool surface for walking on, mold-mildew resistant, strong and low maintenance. This is generally used for areas such as walkways, driveways, patios and pools.
- Epoxy Coatings: This type of concrete has long-lasting coatings which can be used for various purposes on the floor. These coatings are incredibly strong and tough. Homeowners also use this for the floors of their garages.